All Grays sticks comply with the new FIH stick regulations. We have reshaped modified and improved the Grays blade profiles to do so. Here is a Technical Specification guide to the various blade profiles as well as the all important benefits that each shape provides.
JUMBOW... The "Jumbow" blade profile is the ultimate shape and design with the curve positioned down the blade to help generate "drag flick" momentum. The curve location is now contoured at the lowest legal position allowed within the FIH regulations. The Jumbow shape has been developed working with two of the world’s top penalty corner specialists. "Jumbow" will help players to:
- Generate "sling" momentum when executing the drag flick technique.
- Creates improved "reach zone" over which you can dribble the ball.
- Make passes more easily on the backhand side
- Combination of continuous blade and head profile make 3D skills easier to perform
DYNABOW... The highly popular "Dynabow" blade profile is shaped with a curve positioned down the blade at 25cm from the base of the head – The combination of a rounder lower hand profile and uniform rounder rear blade profile help to provide excellent handling qualities as well as excellent energy transfer when hitting and drag flicking . Used and preferred by leading German international players Natascha Keller, Thilo Stralkowski, Korea’s Mi Hyun Park and many more. "Dynabow" will help players to:
- Optimum profile for both technical play, flicking and dribbling skills.
- Improves "sling" momentum when executing the drag flick technique.
- Rounder rear blade profile provides stable energy transfer when hitting
- Helps "extend the reach zone" over which you can dribble the ball freely using both forehand and backhand.
- Rounded lower handle profile allows hands to rotate freely to enhance dribbling and 3D skills
MID-BOW HS... The "Mid-Bow HS" blade profile shape has been repositioned in the mid section of the blade at 30cm from the base of the head. The curve height of the stick is 24.75mm. The range features a new central spine profile positioned centrally down the rear of the blade and continues into the back of the head. The new rear shape increases both the sticks
- Help control "flat", "sweep" and "slap hitting" techniques.
- Help "extend the reach zone" over which you can dribble the ball freely using both forehand and backhand.
- Improve the "first touch" control when stopping the ball at full stretch.
STANDARD... The "Standard " blade profile shape is the classic traditional straighter shape associated with Grays positioned in the mid section of the blade at 30cm from the base of the head. The curve height of the stick is 20 mm. It has a classic bow contoured along the length of the handle and blade. Used and preferred by Germany’s Linus Butt, Belgium’s Xavier Reckinger and Japan’s Kaori Chiba "Standard" will help players to:
- Keep forehand and backhand passes on the pitch surface when hitting
- Make stopping control easier due to straighter blade profile.
- Improve stick handling skills